Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Getting Acquainted

There is that old thing about getting to know people. Can you ever really know anyone? It's a frustrating thing, if knowing someone absolutely, in every aspect is something you try to do. But that's because people are constantly changing. It's like everything. Things sort of "are," but being is in a state of flux. That essence of change is the being and being is the essence of change. Do you follow me? Or have I lost you already. Anyway, my point is, people are hard to get to know. But if you are going to get to know somebody, it's good to do it in small batches, and actually concentrate on getting to know how the person changes, not necessarily how they are at any given moment. Because that moment will soon be gone and you'll have to do the process all over again. But if you figure out the function of a person, you have a much better view, and then you're not worried about the particulars. I think this applies to a lot of life. I don't know yet how this connects, but I was thinking it and it seemed momentous, so here it is.

No comments: